Wednesday, August 17, 2005

the changes

OK, so I just wrote a longish post about this fantastic band out of Chicago called The Changes. Then the blogger server broke. Suffice to say that this was the only unsigned band at this year's Lollapalooza, although they certainly were also among the best of the bands signed or not. It's a little new-wavey at times, Police (w/out Sting's ego), melancholy here and upbeat there. I have a tough time describing their sound (obviously), but you should check out a couple of mp3's they have at their site. If you like them, let me know and I can find a way to get you some more.

They look like this:

The image “http://www.the-changes.com/1squarehires.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

You can't really tell from the pic, but the lead singer (upper left) has a real Gene Wilder-circa-original-Willie-Wonka vibe to his onstage mannerisms. If you don't believe me come to Schuba's Monday night (or the next Monday night, as The Changes are in residence there for the month of August).
Comments:
Eek - the guy on the upper ride corner looks like a skinnier version of a dude I used to date. He was an asshole and that picture's creepin' me out.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?