Thursday, August 04, 2005

what's tanglewood anyhow?

I am recovering from my visit to two of the five boroughs, some of the evidence from which you may view here. I just wanted to get in some midwest props here. The Bears's season is apparently starting soon, and to celebrate a bunch of idiots gathered at Soldier Field, about two blocks from my house. They set off fireworks immediately thereafter, though, which would have been amazing but for the damn high-rise behind which they blew all the explosives. Strangely, every one failed to bring down the building. However, glancing north, I realized I could see the fireworks reflected in a building north of Grant Park (Blue Cross Bleu Cheese). This photo doesn't really get across how cool they were -- the windows made the bursts look digitized.

(In case you can't tell wch building I'm talking about, it's the squat-looking one immediately to the right of the tall, narrow one. You can kind-of see a pinkish burst reflected in it. Sorry about the focus -- it's tough from a mile away.)


fireworks Posted by Picasa
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?